Nov 16, 2004

Little Go change

I found many reflexes of Go on my voyages. One of those were a game with the same rules of our Go but with a different fix for KO positions. They had an extra movement: a push move when a player has three stones surrounding one:

  . . . . . . . .        . . . . . . . .
  . . . . . . . .        . . . . . . . .
  . . . . . . . .        . . . . . . . .
  . . o x . . . .        . . o x . . . .
  . o . o x . . .   =>   . o o x<- . . .
  . . o x . . . .        . . o x . . . .
  . . . . . . . .        . . . . . . . .
  . . . . . . . .        . . . . . . . .

This solves KOs and make group structures much weaker. [T.Sagme, Travels]

2 comments:

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Please playtest and post results on BGG's Go entry. This looks intersting in theory, and I would like to know how it works in practice.

João Neto said...

We will play this on other games. But if I test it on Go, I'll post there what we've found.