Nick Bentley sent me an idea for a meta-game with an automatic balacing mechanism, which is called Mind Ninja:
Take any boad which begins empty. The game proceeds in 5 steps
- Player 1 decides three things, which he must convey to player 2:
- what the pattern will be;
- whether the builder or blocker will receive free moves in step 3;
- how many free moves that player will receive.
- Then, player 2 decides which player is the builder, and which is the blocker.
- Either the builder or blocker takes free moves as specified in step 1.
- Starting with the builder, the players alternate moves.
- The game ends either when the board is completely full or the pattern has been built. If the pattern has been built, the builder wins. Otherwise, the blocker wins.